Friday, January 29, 2010

Build Your Own Apple Crisp

One person can't eat gluten. Another is avoiding sugar. We accomodated everybody at a recent Bible study meeting by creating a build-your-own-apple-crisp bar.

First came a glass baking dish filled with sliced baked apples (that's right, just apples - no sugar, cinnamon, or anything). Then a glass bowl of sliced fresh apples. Then four little stoneware crocks, each labeled, containing dry oatmeal, chopped pecans, brown sugar, and melted butter.

The crocks looked very pretty, but no, I didn't take a picture of it. I've got a 2-year-old and a 5-month-old, both sick. I don't got time to be taking pictures of food lately.

2 comments:

A Cuban In London said...

Now, that's what I call democratic eating. :-)

Many thanks. The recipe sounds delicious.

Greetings from London.

dogimo said...

I'm convinced that this feature should be added to all breakfast buffets, bear or otherwise.